CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Still having to count...

I'm still having to count the weeks to find out how pregnant I am. Went to publix over the 4th of July weekend and got asked how far along I was. I said, "I have no idea!? 6 months?!?" The girl who was probably 12 by my calculations was confused then I explained, "when you have more than one, it doesn't matter anymore" LOL So now I just figured out I'm 26 weeks. This means 14 more loooooong weeks to go. I am getting very excited about the birth experience. I can't wait to know what it feels like to be in control of the situation rather than having a doctor or nurse tell me what to do and give me an IV "just because that's what they need to do." Now that natural med-free birth at a birth center is what I am going to be doing(no turning back now) I'm finding myself realizing how I wished things were different with S' birth. Not to say it wasn't wonderful! IT WAS! And from what the nurses said, my body did not react the way that most other women's bodies react to the epidural, sleepy, groggy or just basically not all there to give birth; In fact I was joking with the nurses and the midwife for most of the time and they were so surprised I wasn't knocked out or tired and how I was able to handle the baby after. I'm thankful for that. I've said it a million times, but I believe I got lucky, in that I did not have to have a c-section. Its kinda sad to say that I'm lucky I didn't have to have one. An unnecessary one that is. Nothing against the procedure, but when a doctor just doesn't want to allow birth to naturally happen, I find that to be a problem.


Now I will get off my soap box and continue to say how excited I am about this, I want to know how far I can take my body, how long its going to take, how much pain is involved and what amazing and colorful language will come out of my mouth as each contraction tried to rip me apart. I think this needs to be recorded for future reference!

In regards to a baby shower, my mother thinks I should be in charge of it! I told her you will be the worse person to use as a surprise party planner. I suppose it would be nice to have a baby shower soon, although I'm still debating whether to make it a before baby shower or an after "announce the sex" shower. I think one of the main reasons for not finding out the sex of the baby until the day is basically to keep people from buying crap I dont need like clothes and ugly gender specific toys. I'm so against pink carseats and blue swing sets. :-|

I don't think we will be setting up a nursery anytime soon. S says she wants the baby to sleep in the room with her but I'm sure once it cries she will have a fit. Although dogs bark and howl for a long time in the middle of the night and it does not phase her. I wish I could sleep like that, I barely get 4 hours a night since I keep waking up at 4am and I'm not able to go back to sleep! In other words, no nursery, maybe just a transfer of rooms and probably giving S the queen size bed and the baby the twin eventually. That's the lazy persons plan.

Alright back to work

0 comments:

Post a Comment